Welcome to The Rose’s Thorn!
My name is Anzie Rose, and I plan to make this a place for contemplating the various things I see that I think deserve more than a simple “like” or “dislike”. I have never done blogging before, I am not a professional and my degree is in science not english, so if there are a few typos here or there you will have to forgive me.
So, my motivations for starting a blog? I have an infant son, well, a toddler now really. He’s 16 months old, and simply stunning i’m sure you’d agree:
Well, Felix naps between 12 and 3. During this time, I have a few options.
~ Do I want to watch the fairly poor daytime TV selection here in AU? Not really. “The View” is as good as it gets, and that’s a sad state of life.
~Do I wan’t to clean the house? Sometimes. I give a quick once over of the loungeroom, but as this is the only part of the week that I have totally to myself, i’d rather not. Cleaning can be left to the hustle and bustle of after-dad-comes-home.
~Do I wan’t to catch up with a friend? Sure I wan’t to, but most if not all of my friends are either working, studying, or have their own napping babes.
And so there we come to it; the great bore of many stay-at-home mums. Nap time is BORING. It’s a relief to be free of the manic life of a toddler, but after half an hour of coffee sipping, it gets dull fast. So…. let’s start a blog!
In this blog there will be a whole range of things; the thorns in my side. I will put a few general outlines of my opinions here, though many will be left out i’m sure:
One the topic of parenting I am fairly crunchy; Felix was breastfed, left intact, baby wrapped, rear faced (although not extended) and he is allowed a lot of space to do by and large whatever he likes. For me this works, and I have a happy healthy baby. For you that might not work, and thats fine by me. I believe that it is your choice as to how your parent, and while I do (and probably will in this blog) question people’s choices, they are YOUR choices.
On society, I think all people should complete to Year 10, and should then take a trade, do a TAFE course or continue to higher education. There are no reasons I have come across so far as to why you shouldn’t take one of these options. I am not religious, though if you are that’s fine by me as long as your choices are neither forced onto me or my child. I have many peeves about religion that I’m sure will pop up here (Jehovah’s door knocking, circumsicion, certain aspects of a burqa etc) but your actual belief is neither here nor there for me.
Other stuff about me?
– I am an excellent cook, and I love to cook. Especially sweets and meats. You will probably see a fair few creations here.
– I love to modify myself. I have 17 piercings and I change my hair colour each month. It’s currently white, green and pink.
– I love pets, I have a good few. A python, ducks, rats, mice, fish, cats.
– I don’t like renting, it’s a giant rip in my pocket.
– I don’t like people who are fake, sneaky, two faced or anything similar. The world would turn more smoothly if people quit lying. I think this will be something I will “thorn-on” about greatly.
– I swear a lot verbally, though I think it’s a poor form of communication and I don’t type-swear a great deal.
– I am very poor at speaking publically.
– I am academically very clever, but socially stunted. I don’t have a good amount of friends, though the ones that I have are very strong.
– I am 19 at this date, very soon 20. Yes, that makes me a young parent. No, that does not make me less off in life. This is another huge prejudice that I will “thorn-on” about.
– I don’t have my license, but I have 2 cars. An MA70 Supra (my baby) and a Charade, called the Rainbow Warrior. I’ve had my L’s for 3 years, and I drive well, I am just too lazy to make the jump.
– I have two degrees underway. One in Astrophysics, one in Primary Education.
– I am very very good with money, it grows with my looking after. This comes from having lived away from home since I was 15.
Ok, so that does that for now. There’s millions more items I could add, but I think that gives you a good enough overview of myself. If you have anything you think I would find interesting to blog on, send it to me 🙂 I imagine things may get a bit word-blocked to start with.